Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Free

I have many strong convictions that are, shall we say, unpopular. Much of what I have to say will prove controversial, un-American, and almost radical at times. I have no illusions about the fact that some people are going to hate me for the things posted on this blog, some people won’t care what I have to say, others will applaud me. You are free to think whatever you please of me. You are free to love me. You are free to hate me. You are free to agree. You are free to disagree. You are free to agree to disagree. You are free to call me crazy. You are free to call me an idiot. You are free to do whatever you wish with the information posted on this blog. The bottom line is “YOU ARE FREE.

And you are not free because your government says you are. The powers that be are not what give you freedom, because those same powers can take your freedom away. They can imprison you without cause, they can watch your every move, and they can listen to your every conversation. Government doesn’t supply freedom. You are free only if you choose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment